- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- Ally Invest Promotions
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- PopularityEditor: 90%
- FeesEditor: 90%
TradeKing is now Ally Invest. We’ll update this page with any new promotions and bonuses that get offered by Ally Invest.
Ally acquired TradeKing in 2016 and has been working on bringing the two companies together. Current TradeKing users will have to transition over to Ally to access their accounts and start trading again.
Prior to the change, TradeKing was very good about offering promotions for free trades, transfer fee reimbursements, and referral bonuses.
I’ll review the current offers from Ally Invest below.RELATED ARTICLES: Savings Vs. Money Market Accounts, just read about chase money market
*You can see all the current Stock Broker promotions here.
Ally Invest $3,500 Cash & Free Trades Offer
With this updated promotion from Ally Invest, you can earn anywhere from a $50 to $3500 cash bonus, as well as $500 in free trades for 90 days. If you’re transferring over from another brokerage, you can apply for a Transfer Fee Credit of up to $150 also.
- Cash Bonus:
- Funding – Accounts must be opened by the expiration date and funded within 60 days of account opening.
- The qualifying deposit to open the new account must be from outside Ally Invest.
- The new account must be funded with a minimum qualifying deposit of $10,000 or more to receive the Minimum Cash Bonus and Commission-Free Trades for up to 90 days Bonus.
- The minimum qualifying funds to receive bonus offer must remain in the account (minus any trading losses) for a minimum of 90 days from the date of funding.
- Accounts will receive the specified credit, depending on the initial deposit amount, deposited into the account within ten (10) days of meeting the qualifying requirements.
- Once the account is credited, the bonus and initial qualifying deposit is not available for withdrawal for 300 days after the requirements have been met.
- If the qualifying deposit(s) are removed the bonus payout may be revoked.
- See the table below for the deposit required for each bonus amount.
|Bonus Amount||Deposit or Transfer Amount|
|$3,500 and free trades||$2MM+|
|$2,500 and free trades||$1MM – $1.99MM|
|$1,200 and free trades||$500k – $999.9k|
|$600 and free trades||$250k – $499.9k|
|$300 and free trades||$100k – $249.9k|
|$200 and free trades||$25k – $99.9k|
|$50 and free trades||$10k – $24.9k|
- Commission-Free Trades for up to 90 Days Bonus:
- The qualifying deposit of $10,000 or more must be received and remain in the account (minus any trading losses) for a minimum of 90 days from date of funding account or Ally Invest may charge the account for the cost of the trades credited to the account.
- New accounts receive $500 in commission credit for equity, ETF and option trades executed within 90 days of funding the new account.
- Commission credit applies to the per contract commission.
- The commission credit takes up to 2 business days from the funding date to be applied.
- Unused trades expire at the end of 90 days from the funding date of the new account.
- You will not receive cash compensation for any unused free trade commissions.
- Mutual fund, bonds, exercise and assignment fees still apply.
- $150 Transfer Fee Credit:
- Must complete a first-time ACATS account transfer of $2,500 or more to receive a Transfer Fee Credit of up $150 to cover the outgoing transfer fee from your current brokerage firm.
- ACAT forms must be received within 15 days of opening new account.
- Credit will be deposited to your account within 30 days of receipt of evidence of charge.
- This transfer reimbursement offer does not apply to Termination Fees or Maintenance Fees.
- Not valid for any retirement or ERISA qualified accounts.
- Offer is not transferable.
- Open to US residents only.
- Excludes current Ally Invest Securities, LLC account holders.
- Excludes former Ally Invest Securities, LLC (formerly TradeKing Securities LLC) account holders who have closed their accounts within the past 90 days.
New Ally Invest Pricing & Info
As you would expect, being a new entry to the investing space, Ally Invest is coming out with lower pricing for Stock and Options trades compared to many top brokerages. Below is a quick pricing breakdown and more important info on Ally Invest.
- You can see pricing for all the best brokerages here.
- Markets you can trade with Ally Invest
- Mutual Funds
- Enjoy 24/7 customer care with Ally Invest. With the move to Ally, TradeKing is now known as Ally Invest. Contact them 24/7 at 855-880-2559 or by email at [email protected]
- Ally Invest pricing stays the same as it was with TradeKing
Compare Ally Invest Pricing With Top Brokerages
|BROKER||STOCK TRADES||OPTIONS (BASE)||OPTIONS (PER CONTRACT)|
*Confirm current rates with the brokerage(s)
For current TradeKing users, the transition over to Ally will be an easy one, with pricing and most features remaining the same. You’ll only really notice name branding and URL changes. For new users who are looking for a low cost brokerage, Ally Invest is a great choice and the current promotion definitely makes them worth consideration. For experienced investors, I still recommend TD Ameritrade overall for their fantastic ThinkorSwim platform and long track record (they’ve also lowered their pricing for 2017 and acquired Scottrade).
- Best Online Brokers For Trading Stocks September 2018
- Best Brokerage Promotions And Bonuses September 2018
- OptionsHouse (Acquired By E*Trade)
- E*Trade Brokerage Promotions & Bonuses: $2,500 In Cash
- Merrill Edge Review: $600 And Free Trades Promotions
- Fidelity Promotions: $2500 Cash, 500 Free Trades, Other Offers
- Charles Schwab Brokerage Promotions, Bonuses And Offers
- TD Ameritrade Promotions: $600, $1500, $2500 Cash Bonus Offers
- Ally Invest $3500 Bonus Cash & Free Trades Promotion
- Betterment Review 2018: New Promotions & Bonuses
- TradeStation Promotions: $1,500 In Commission Rebates!
I’ll update this page with new Ally Invest promotions and bonuses once they become available.