The Barclaycard Arrival® Plus World Elite Mastercard® is currently offering a 60,000 miles sign-up bonus worth $630. In terms of value, this is one of the best credit card bonuses available.
If it weren’t for the $89 annual fee, this card and offer would be a no-brainer. On top of that, the annual fee is no longer waived for the first year as was the case in the past.
Regardless of the annual fee, the high rewards earning rate will likely make it valuable for you if you typically spend enough on credit card purchases annually. The Barclaycard Arrival® Plus card is one of the most popular options among frequent travelers.
I love bonus opportunities (bank bonuses are our specialty) and this one definitely caught my eye enough to write about. I’ll review the bonus offer for the Barclaycard Arrival® Plus card below.
- Enjoy 60,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 90 days and paying the annual fee
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase
- Book travel your way-no airline, seat or hotel restrictions-and redeem your miles for travel statement credits
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem
- No foreign transaction fees
- International Chip and PIN for use at self-service chip terminals around the world
- Miles don’t expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
|Intro Purchase APR & Duration:||N/A|
|Ongoing Purchase APR:||17.74%, 21.74% or 24.74% variable based on your creditworthiness|
|Intro Balance Transfer APR & Duration:||0% intro for first 12 billing cycles following each BT that posts within 45 days of account opening|
|Ongoing Balance Transfer APR:||17.74%, 21.74% or 24.74% variable based on your creditworthiness|
|Balance Transfer Fee:||Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater|
|Foreign Transaction Fee:||0% of each transaction in U.S. dollars|
|Cash Advance Fee:||Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance APR:||26.99% Variable|
60,000 Bonus Miles Worth $630 With The Barclaycard Arrival® Plus
You’ll earn 60,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 90 days and paying the annual fee. When you redeem towards qualified travel purchases, these 60K points will be worth $600. Add to that the 5% in bonus miles you’ll get back after redemption, the bonus is effectively worth $630 in travel.
As an everyday spending card, you’ll earn 2 miles per $1 spent on all purchases. Taking into account the 5% miles back after redemption, you’re essentially getting back 2.1% in rewards with this card. This makes it one of the best rewards cards for everyday use, without any thought needed towards spending categories.
Keep in mind, if you don’t plan on redeeming towards travel, this may not be the right fit for you. Redeeming towards cash back, gift cards, or merchandise will make your miles worth much less. But, unlike airline or hotel branded credit cards, you have the flexibility to redeem towards travel purchased on any airline, hotel, or travel website. The Barclaycard Arrival® Plus card categorizes many different options as travel:
|Travel Spending Categories|
|Airlines||Hotels||Car Rental Agencies|
|Motels||Purchase & Travel Agencies||Discount Travel Sites|
|Campgrounds||Buses||The Account Annual Fee|
You’ll have to reach at least 10,000 miles before you can start redeeming towards travel, which can be used towards travel purchases worth $100 or more within the last 120 days. If an airline ticket cost you $250, you can redeem 10,000 miles ($100) towards that purchase. In practicality, airfare and hotels will be redeemed for most often. There’s no rush to use your miles as they will never expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing.
How To Get The 60,000 Miles Bonus
If you can spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening and pay the annual fee, then you’re set. Keep in mind, it’s 90 days from the time your account is approved, not from when you actually receive the card and activate it.
If you don’t know if you can spend $5,000 in 90 days, or if you are taking advantage of multiple card bonuses, here are some ideas to help you reach the minimum spending requirement.
What’s The Competition?
The main competitor card bonuses for the Barclaycard Arrival® Plus World Elite Mastercard®are going to come from the Chase Sapphire Preferred® card and the Capital One® Venture® card. Both of these competitors have good bonus offers, with the Chase Sapphire Preferred® edging out the rewards earning potential if you spend a good deal on Travel and Dining. You’ll have to redeem towards travel to maximize the rewards for both cards.
If you don’t think you’ll spend enough on your card to justify an annual fee, the Citi Double Cash card may be a better fit with its 2% maximum cash back rate on all purchases. It just doesn’t have a sign-up bonus offer to top it off.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred®
Capital One® Venture®
Citi Double CashThe bonus offers available are going to be a big consideration for the first year or first few years, since the bonus will essentially cover the annual fee for that period of time. This is something you should keep mind before taking a card out of consideration just because it has an annual fee. After the first year or so, you’ll then have to weigh the annual fees and the ongoing rewards earning potential.
- Best Bank Account Promotions And Bonuses September 2018
- Best Personal Loan Lenders For September 2018
- Ally Invest $3500 Bonus Cash & Free Trades Promotion
- CIT Bank Promotions: Online Money Market Account 1.85% APY Offer
- Best Savings Accounts And High Yield Rates September 2018
- TD Ameritrade Promotions: $600, $1500, $2500 Cash Bonus Offers
- Best Robo-Advisors 2018: Top Automated Investment Services Reviewed
- Barclays Arrival® Premier World Elite Mastercard®: Earn 75k Miles Yearly
- TD Bank Promotions: $300 & $150 Checking Account Bonuses
- Best Brokerage Promotions And Bonuses September 2018
- BBVA Compass Bank Promotions: $150, $200, $250 Checking/Savings Bonuses
- Chase Bank Business Checking Promotion: $200 Sign-Up Cash Bonus
- Chase Total Checking Account Bonus: $200 Coupon Available Online
- Chase Coupon Promo Codes: $200, $300, $350, $500 – September 2018
- Best CD Rates | Find & Compare CD Rates September 2018